Foods To Avoid

Updated: Jun 8, 2020





Avoid These Foods at All Costs




Avocados:

Avocados contain persin, a fungicidal toxin, which can cause serious health problems — even death — in many animals. ... Persin is present in the avocado fruit, pits, leaves, and the actual plant, so all of these parts are potentially poisonous to your dog.





Cherries:

Fortunately, one or two cherries—pit and all—aren't likely to cause him harm. He may have a mild reaction and have an upset stomach or diarrhea. ... If your dog ate a handful or more of cherries, watch him for signs of cyanide poisoning, which include trouble breathing, red gums and dilated pupils.



Plums:

The main issue with dogs and plums revolves mostly around the ingestion of the pit. “The pits can be sharp, which means they could damage the esophagus, stomach or intestines,” says Konecny. There is also a possible risk of the pit obstructing your dog’s intestinal tract. While this is most likely to occur in a smaller dog, it could also happen if a large dog consumes several plum pits.




Grapes:

Frenchies cannot eat grapes. You should never feed your dog grapes or raisins as they are incredibly toxic for them. This applies to all types of grapes, be they green, black, red, peeled, seedless, or dried. Eating just small amounts of grape can result in permanent kidney damage or prove fatal.




Tomatoes:

Frenchies should not eat tomatoes. Tomato plants, stems, and leaves (the green parts basically) contain a substance called solanine and can be dangerous to dogs if they eat it in large quantities.





Lemons & Limes:

Frenchies should not be fed lime or lemon. These are citrus fruits that have an extremely sour taste that dogs will absolutely hate. There are also psoralen compounds and aromatic oils in lemons and limesthat will upset their stomachs.








Asparagus:

It’s important to note that the ferns of the asparagus (the leaves of the plant themselves) are toxic to dogs. While they may not kill your pet, they can cause severe intestinal discomfort and diarrhea.  





Mushrooms:

It is generally safer to avoid feeding dishes with mushrooms to dogs. Dogs do not need mushrooms in their diet, so play it safe and give them a different reward.The symptoms of mushroom poisoning are Diarrhea,Seizures Vomiting